|Samsonite Freeform||Tumi Tegra Lite||Travelpro Maxlite 4|
|Our Overall Rating:|
|Material and quality||Polypropylene (basic, good resistance to impact)||Polypropylene thermoplastic – Tegris® (good, high impact resistance and strength)||Polyester (intermediate, good protection and durability)|
|Weight||Ultra-light at 8.1 lbs shipping weight (actual weight is less)||General weight at 19.6 lbs shipping weight (actual weight is less)||Ultra-light at 8.3 lbs shipping weight (actual weight is less)|
|Dimensions||20.5 x 14.5 x 10 inches||13 x 19.1 x 26 inches||24.4 x 15.2 x 11.1 inches|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
Welcome to our Travelpro Maxlite 4 review. Most of the luggage suitcases we have tried and tested over the years have cost more than $100. That is the general price point you will be spending when you are buying a new luggage suitcase. This is almost a hard and fast rule. Unless you want to go premium or choose something upmarket for some special feature, the $100-$120 range is what you will be shelling out.
Travelpro Maxlite 4 beats that price rule. If we compare luggage suitcases of differing qualities, it’s easy to place the Maxlite 4 around the sub-premium $200-$500 range (we consider $500+ premium). But here it is. Sitting at below a hundred bucks ($88 at the time of writing, but was a bit more when we purchased).
First, let’s talk about the brand. Travelpro is a brand respected for years. They specialize in luggage suitcases and sets. Their products rarely come with defects and flaws. The Travelpro trust is now quite widespread as well. Travelpro not only has outlets and manufacturing in multiple countries, but it’s also known as one of the best luggage manufacturers in those countries as well. All this makes Travelpro an internationally loved brand that you can trust.
The Travelpro Maxlite 4 Expandable Rollaboard suitcase is a 22-inch standard luggage suitcase. The size is perfect and it fits very well. Airlines easily clear it, unless you load a lot of weight in it.
Let’s talk about the wheels. The wheels caused a little problem when we started using the suitcase. Perhaps it was a fault of this particular item — we are not sure about that. After a few initial glitches, the wheels work just fine. Don’t speed through differing terrains like the floor to the gravel pathway to grass to concrete. This suitcase is not designed to be a rough-and-tough all-terrain product. Just keep the transition between the different terrains slow and you will be fine.
- Good Price
- The material deserves special mention. There is something different about the polyester body of the Maxlite 4. Although most good luggage suitcases are made of 100% polyester, they lack the feel and strength that the material of the Maxlite 4 has. Further, the inside fabric looks especially high quality and premium grade.
- The handle is strong and tall. The usual length is 38 inches. However, you can extend it further for an extra-tall 42.5-inch length which comes in handy in many tricky situations.
- The function is really spot-on. Perfect zippers, great fabric lining, and decent overall sturdiness for quick trips and short travel or break journeys. From streets to cars to trains to airplanes and back to streets — the Maxlite 4 handles the strain and weight exceptionally well. But still, it’s not a premium-grade luggage suitcase, so we recommend care when handling it. Don’t handle it roughly.
- Maxlite 4 is not for heavy duty requirements.
- A lot of Complaints about zipper and handle.
- The wheels caused a little problem when we started using the suitcase. Perhaps it was a fault of this particular item — we are not sure about that
The Maxlite 4 is a best-selling product on online outlets. On Amazon, for example, it ranks #3 out of the countless luggage suitcases. People love it mostly for its lightweight. As a carry on, this is as light as it gets without compromising on quality (Maxlite 4 is less than 6 lbs). That is something we noted too, but as we weren’t taking it on a trip through the Americas, we can’t really confirm it.
The size is the next thing that people love. It’s sleek. There is nothing special about the size and shape of the Maxlite 4. That is to say that most good luggage suitcases that are made after years of R&D come with appropriate sizes. Mostly, you will have no problem in fitting them, moving them, and traveling with them. The Maxlite 4 is not different.
Rest of the crucial details are also quite well-received. For example, the height of the Maxlite 4 is considered very ideal. The spinner and wheeling smoothness are both up to the mark. All in all, people have nothing to complain about in the Maxlite 4.
Wrapping up The Travelpro Maxlite 4 Review
Travelpro Maxlite 4 — what more can we possibly say?
In our tests, the luggage suitcase outshone our other purchases. The Maxlite 4 is surely a great product at an amazing price. You should order your piece before the price goes up again.
It is a 22-inch carry-on with a light body and the appropriate size. The Maxlite 4 is more geared towards quick trips. As also reflects the price it’s positioned in, the Maxlite 4 is not for heavy duty requirements.